Can I claim the earned income credit on Form 1040EZ?

Yes, you can use Form 1040EZ, Income Tax Return for Single and Joint Filers With No Dependents, to claim the earned income credit (EIC), provided you don't have a qualifying child and your investment income is $3,450 or less (for 2017). Your investment income is the total amount of interest from line 2 of Form 1040EZ and any tax-exempt interest.

If you don't meet the requirements for filing Form 1040EZ, you must use Form 1040A or Form 1040, U.S. Individual Income Tax Return; but if your investment income is more than $3,450, you can't claim the EIC.