Certified Professional Employer Organization Application
Each CPEO applicant applying for certification must submit a CPEO application via the IRS Online Registration System. This application will require information related to each responsible individual and will also require the application submitter to upload documents to the CPEO online application account.
PEOs must meet certain requirements when submitting an application for certification. An applicant must:
- have at least one physical business location within the United States at which PEO functions are carried on;
- provide a Surety Letter at the time of application;
- provide financial information, including annual audited financial statements prepared by a CPA;
- provide an assertion and CPA examination level attestation regarding federal employment tax compliance; and
- pay a user fee of $1,000.00.
These documents (except for the fee payment, which is made online at pay.gov) will be uploaded to the online system. For more information on these requirements, please see the CPEO FAQs.
|Before You Get Started|
You must complete the following steps before completing the CPEO application:
- Complete the Identity Verification application
- Obtain INDV numbers from all responsible individuals. This number is provided to the responsible individual after submitting his or her RIPA application.
Once you have completed these steps, you are ready to complete the CPEO application.