About Form 1041 Schedules That May Be Required


Schedule D (Form 1041), Capital Gains and Losses
Use this schedule to report gains and losses from the sale or exchange of capital assets by an estate or trust.

Schedule I (Form 1041), Alternative Minimum Tax—Estates and Trusts
Estates and trusts use this schedule to figure alternative minimum taxable income, income distribution deduction on a minimum tax basis, and alternative minimum tax (AMT).

Schedule J (Form 1041), Accumulation Distribution for Certain Complex Trusts
Use this schedule to report an accumulation distribution for a domestic complex trust.

Schedule K-1 (Form 1041), Beneficiary's Share of Income, Deductions, Credits, etc.
Use this schedule to report a beneficiary's share of the estate’s or trust’s income, credits, deductions, etc., on your Form 1040, U.S. Individual Income Tax Return.