About Publication 502 Forms and Schedules You May Find Useful

Form 1040, U.S. Individual Income Tax Return

Annual income tax return filed by citizens or residents of the United States.

About Form 1040-NR, U.S. Nonresident Alien Income Tax Return

You may need to file Form 1040-NR if you were a nonresident alien engaged in a trade or business in the United States, represented a deceased person who would have had to file Form 1040-NR, or represented an estate or trust that had to file Form 1040-NR.

About Form 1040-SS, U.S. Self-Employment Tax Return (Including the Additional Child Tax Credit for Bona Fide Residents of Puerto Rico)

This form is for residents of the U.S. Virgin Islands (USVI), Guam, American Samoa, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI), and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico (Puerto Rico) who are not required to file a U.S. income tax return.

Form 1040X, Amended U.S. Individual income Tax Return

Individual taxpayers file Form 1040X to amend a tax return.

Form 2106, Employee Business Expenses

Employees file this form to deduct ordinary and necessary expenses for their job.

Form 2106-EZ, Unreimbursed Employee Business Expenses

Employees use this form to deduct unreimbursed ordinary and necessary business expenses attributable to their job.

Form 2555, Foreign Earned Income

If you qualify, you can use this form to figure your foreign earned income exclusion and your housing exclusion or deduction. You cannot exclude or deduct more than your foreign earned income for the year.

Form 2555-EZ, Foreign Earned Income Exclusion

If you qualify, you can use this form instead of Form 2555, Foreign Earned Income, to figure your foreign earned income exclusion. You cannot exclude more than your foreign earned income for the year.

Form 8839, Qualified Adoption Expenses

Information about Form 8839, Qualified Adoption Expenses, including recent updates, related forms and instructions on how to file. Use this form to figure the amount of your adoption credit and any employer-provided adoption benefits you can exclude from your income.

Form 8853, Archer MSAs and Long-Term Care Insurance Contracts

Use this form to report Archer MSA contributions, figure your Archer MSA deduction, report distributions from Archer MSAs or Medicare Advantage MSAs, report taxable payments from long-term care (LTC) insurance contracts, or report taxable accelerated death benefits from a life insurance policy.

Form 8885, Health Coverage Tax Credit

Use this form to figure the amount, if any, of your health coverage tax credit (HCTC).

Form 8949, Sales and Other Dispositions of Capital Assets

Use this form to reconcile amounts that were reported to you and the IRS on Form 1099-B or 1099-S (or substitute statement) with the amounts you report on your return.

About Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit (PTC)

Form 8962 is used either (1) to reconcile an advanced premium tax credit amount for individuals who received an advanced payment toward the cost of a health insurance premium throughout the year, or (2) to claim a premium tax credit for those individuals who are eligible.

Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement

Every employer engaged in a trade or business who pays remuneration for services performed by an employee must file a Form W-2 for each employee from whom income, social security, or Medicare tax was withheld; or income tax would have been withheld if the employee had claimed no more than one withholding allowance or had not claimed exemption from withholding on Form W-4.

Schedule A (Form 1040), Itemized Deductions

Use Schedule A (Form 1040) to figure your itemized deductions.