Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Instructions for Form 1040
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Request for Transcript of Tax Return


Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employers engaged in a trade or business who pay compensation
Installment Agreement Request

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

Election to Claim a Qualified Disaster Loss Sustained in 2016 on an Amended 2015 Tax Return

If you previously made a valid election to claim a qualified disaster loss that you sustained in 2016 on your 2015 return, you may want to amend your return to take advantage of the qualified disaster rules explained in the 2016 Instructions for Form 4684, Casualties and Thefts (For use with 2016 Form 4684 (Rev. December 2017)). To do so, file Form 1040X and complete Form 4684 using the instructions under Claiming qualified disaster losses on an original or amended 2016 return in the 2016 Instructions for Form 4684. Attach a completed 2016 Form 4684 to your return along with a statement indicating that your qualified disaster loss is being claimed for 2015.