Landowners and sub-lessors that do not materially participate in the operation or management of the farm (for self-employment tax purposes), file this form to report farm rental income based on crops or livestock produced by the tenant.
Other Items You May Find Useful
Publication 225, Farmer's Tax Guide
Publication 463, Travel, Entertainment, Gift, and Car Expenses
Comments on Form 4835
Use the Comment on Tax Forms and Publications web form to provide feedback on the content of this product. Although we cannot respond individually to each comment, we do appreciate your feedback and will consider all comments submitted.
CAUTION: We cannot respond to tax-related questions submitted using this page. Instead, please see our Tax Law Questions page.
- Form 4562, Depreciation and Amortization
- Form 6198, At-Risk Limitations
- Form 8582, Passive Activity Loss Limitations
- Form SS-4, Application for Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Formulario SS-4PR, Solicitud de Número de Identificación Patronal (EIN)
- Schedule C (Form 1040), Profit or Loss From Business
- Schedule E (Form 1040), Supplemental Income and Loss
- Schedule F (Form 1040), Profit or Loss From Farming
- Schedule J (Form 1040), Income Averaging for Farmers and Fishermen