Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Itemized Deductions
Application for Automatic Extension of Time
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification


Single and Joint Filers With No Dependents
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Request for Transcript of Tax Return

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

Nonresident alien withholding allowance on Form W-4 --01-MAR-2018

A nonresident alien can claim one withholding allowance on Form W-4, and possibly more than one if a resident of Canada, Mexico, or South Korea, or a U.S. national.  For the requirements, see Notice 1392.