IRS Logo
Print - Click this link to Print this page

FAQs for Indian Tribal Governments regarding Agricultural Employees

These frequently asked questions and answers are provided for general information only and should not be cited as any type of legal authority. They are designed to provide the user with information required to respond to general inquiries. Due to the uniqueness and complexities of Indian law and Federal tax law, it is imperative to ensure a full understanding of the specific question presented, and to perform the requisite research to ensure a correct response is provided.

  1. When are Indian tribes responsible for filing Form 943, Employer's Annual Tax Return for Agricultural Employees?
  2. When are Form 943, Employer's Annual Tax Return for Agricultural Employees, due?
  3. When are wages paid to farm workers subject to social security, Medicare taxes and income tax withholding for any calendar year?

For questions regarding tax return account matters, tax deposits or filing requirements, please contact our Customer Account Services staff toll-free at

For questions on any tribal tax matter, please e-mail us.  Be sure to include your name, your phone number and your email address so that we can respond to your question.

Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 08-Dec-2015