Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Instructions for Form 1040
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Request for Transcript of Tax Return


Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employers engaged in a trade or business who pay compensation
Installment Agreement Request

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

ITG FAQ #1 Answer-Does a tribe, as an employer, have an employment tax responsibility?

Generally, tribes as employers are responsible for the payment of federal employment taxes on wages paid to their employees. Federal employment taxes include FICA, FUTA (which is now optional; see Announcement 2001-16, 2001-8 I.R.B. 715), and federal income tax withholding.

NOTE: Employers are required to pay the employer's share of FICA tax on wages paid to employees. Employers are also responsible to withhold the employee's share of FICA, and federal income tax from the employee's wages.

Return to List of FAQs