IRS Logo
Print - Click this link to Print this page

ITG FAQ #10 Answer - How do I make corrections to a filed Form 941?

Starting in January 2009, when employers and payers need to correct previously filed employment tax returns, the new Form 941X, Adjusted Employer’s Quarterly Federal Tax Return or Claim for Refund, will be used, replacing the Form 941c, Supporting Statement to Correct Information and Form 843, Claim for Refund and Request for Abatement.

Form 941X is a stand-alone form corresponding to, and relates line-by-line with, the employment tax return it is correcting. The employer will be able to file Form 941X when an error is discovered, rather than having to wait to file it at the end of the quarter with the next employment tax return. 

Return to List of FAQs


Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 16-Nov-2016