IRS Logo
Print - Click this link to Print this page

ITG FAQ #10 Answer-What are nonqualified wages?

Some of the most common wages that do not qualify include wages you pay or incur to an employee who:

  • Has worked for you for more than 2 years;
  • Is your relative or dependent;
  • You rehired, if he or she was not a long-term family assistance recipient when employed earlier, or
  • Does not either:
         -Work for you for at least 180 days, or
         -Complete at least 400 hours of service.

Return to List of FAQs

Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 06-Dec-2016