IRS Logo
Print - Click this link to Print this page

ITG FAQ #16 Answer-If a contractor is a corporation, does the tribe have to file a Form 1099?

If the contractor corporation is a medical or health care services or legal firm, the tribe has to file a Form 1099-MISC, Miscellaneous Income, to report nonemployee compensation. The tribe is not required to file a Form 1099 for other corporate contractors unless backup withholding was done. ( See Question #14).

Return to List of FAQs

Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 18-Jan-2017