IRS Logo
Print - Click this link to Print this page

ITG FAQ #6 Answer-How is the long-term family assistance recipient certification obtained?

To receive certification, submit Form 8850, Pre-Screening Notice and Certification Request for the Work Opportunity and Welfare-to-Work Credits, to your State Employment Security Agent (SESA). You must either:

  • Receive the certification by the day the individual begins work, or
  • Both of the following:
          -Complete Form 8850 by the day you offer the individual a job, and
          -Submit the form to your SESA by the 21st day after the individual begins.

Return to List of FAQs

Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 12-Oct-2016