Information For...

For you and your family
Individuals abroad and more
EINs and other information

Filing For Individuals

Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Single and Joint Filers With No Dependents
Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate


Request for Transcript of Tax Returns
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Installment Agreement Request
Wage and Tax Statement

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

ITG FAQ #7 Answer-What are "qualified wages"?

Qualified wages are generally wages subject to the Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA) without regard to the FUTA dollar limit, but not more than $10,000 each year for each employee. The qualified wages also generally include the following amounts paid or incurred by the employer that are normally excludable from the employee's gross income:

  • Amounts received for medical care under accident and health plans;
  • Employer-provided coverage under accident and health plans;
  • Certain amounts excludable under an educational assistance program or that would be excludable but for the expiration of the exclusion;
  • Amounts excludable under a dependent care assistance program.

Return to List of FAQs