IRS Logo
Print - Click this link to Print this page

ITG FAQ #7 Answer-When are foreign persons liable for the Highway Use Tax?

Foreign persons are liable for this tax if they are required to register vehicles in any of the states, the District of Columbia, Canada, or Mexico.

Return to List of FAQs

Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 02-Aug-2016