IRS Logo
Print - Click this link to Print this page

ITG FAQ #9 Answer-Can an Indian tribal government set up a 401(k) plan with contributions based on section 7873 income?

Yes. The IRS released proposed regulations clarifying that amounts paid to Indian tribal members as compensation for services performed in a fishing rights-related activity may be treated as compensation and contributed to a 401(k) plan. The proposed regulations can be found here.

Return to List of FAQs

Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 16-Nov-2016