Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Instructions for Form 1040
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Request for Transcript of Tax Return


Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employers engaged in a trade or business who pay compensation
Installment Agreement Request

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

ITG FAQ #9 Answer-What steps could be taken if the tribe does not have the tribal member's TIN for purposes of tax reporting information?

If a tribe needs a TIN of a tribal member for tax reporting information, the following suggestions may be followed:

  • Ask the tribal member to furnish the TIN by completing a Form W-9, Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification, or
  • If the tribal member refuses to furnish his/her TIN, complete the Form 1099-MISC, Miscellaneous Income, using the latest information the tribe has for name and address and apply backup withholding at the rate of 24%.

Return to List of FAQs