ITG FAQ #9 Answer-Who do you call to get answers to State Government questions regarding Indian tribal issues?


Most states have offices for Indian Affairs. For example, Oklahoma has the Oklahoma Indian Affairs Commission and Louisiana has the Office of Indian Affairs. Contact can be made with state governments to find the office that handles Indian Affairs in each state. Check the State’s website for the appropriate office for that State. A listing of state agencies is also available in the Blue Pages of many telephone books.

Return to List of FAQs