IRS Logo
Print - Click this link to Print this page

General Procedural Questions

Question: How can I become an authorized e-file provider?


An authorized IRS e-file provider can be an Electronic Return Originator, Intermediate Service Provider, Transmitter, Reporting AgentOnline Provider, ACA Provider, or Software Developer. Before you become an e-file participant, you should choose the authorized IRS e-file options that are best for you. Publication 1345, Handbook for Authorized IRS e-file Providers of Individual Income Tax Returns, and Publication 3112, IRS e-file Application and Participation, are available to help you determine the best e-file options for you and how to participate.

Additional Information:

Category: IRS Procedures
Subcategory: General Procedural Questions

Please provide your feedback.

1. Was it easy to find your information within the above Frequently Asked Question?

2. How satisfied are you with the information provided within the above Frequently Asked Question?

3. If you still need help from the IRS, what would your next step be?

The OMB number for this study is 1545-1432.
If you have any comments regarding this study, please write to:
IRS, Tax Products Coordinating Committee
1111 Constitution Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20224