Like - Click this link to Add this page to your bookmarks Share - Click this link to Share this page through email or social media Print - Click this link to Print this page
Form SS-4 & Employer Identification Number (EIN)
Question: Is an employer identification number (EIN) the same as a taxpayer identification number (TIN)?
- An EIN, also known as a federal tax identification number, is a type of TIN used to identify a business entity including a trust or estate.
- If you're required to report employment taxes or excise taxes, or to give tax statements to employees or annuitants, you need an EIN.
- Publication 334, Tax Guide for Small Business
- Publication 3402, Taxation of Limited Liability Companies
- Publication 1635, Employer Identification Number - Understanding Your EIN
Category: Small Business, Self-Employed, Other Business
Subcategory: Form SS-4 & Employer Identification Number (EIN)