Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Instructions for Form 1040
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Request for Transcript of Tax Return


Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employers engaged in a trade or business who pay compensation
Installment Agreement Request

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

Filing Requirement, Form to Use, Due Date

Do I Need to File a Tax Return?

Determine if you're required to file a federal tax return or if you should file to receive a refund.

How Do I File a Deceased Person's Tax Return?

Determine who must file a decedent’s individual tax return, how the tax return is notated, and the timeframe for filing the return.

What Is the Simplest Form to Use to File My Taxes?

Determine the simplest form to use to file your federal income tax return.

What Is the Due Date of My Federal Tax Return or Am I Eligible to Request an Extension?

Determine the due date of your federal tax return or whether you're eligible to request an extension.

Should I File an Amended Return?

Determine if you should file an amended return to correct an error or make other changes to your return.