1st - Decide if you should dispute this item.
To determine the amount in dispute you will need (1) your Form 433-A, (2) the IET (Income/Expense Table) Worksheet sent to you with the rejection letter, (3) the National Standard Table (known as "national standard")
Follow these steps
- Identify the amount you used for "food, clothing, and miscellaneous" from line 33 on page 4 of your Form 433-A.
- Identify the amount shown for the national standard expense from the IET Worksheet you received.
- Compare these amounts: If the amount from the IET Worksheet is LESS than the amount from line 33 on page 4 of your Form 433-A, then refer to the National Standard Table.
- Identify the amount from the National Standard Table that applies to you based on your family size and income.
- Compare the national standard expense amount to the amount from the IET Worksheet: If the IET Worksheet amount is LESS than the national standard, then you have a disputed item and may consider filing a request for an appeal.
- Compare the amount from line 33 on page 4 of your Form 433-A to the national standard: If the amount from line 33 is GREATER than the national standard, then you may appeal. You must provide supporting document for your living expenses.
|2nd - Do you need help in identifying the documents supporting your item(s) in dispute? |
3rd - Do you want assistance in identifying other disagreed items?
For telephone assistance or more information on "Preparing a Request for Appeal" go back to the beginning.