1st - Decide if you should dispute this item.
To determine the amount in dispute you will need (1) your Form 433-A, (2) the (IET) Income/Expense Table Worksheet sent to you with the rejection letter (3) the Housing and Utilities Allowance Expense Table (knowns as” housing and utilities allowance”).
Follow these steps
- Identify the amount you used for housing and utilities from line 34 on page 4 on your Form 433-A.
- Identify the expense amount shown for the housing and utilities on the IET Worksheet you received.
- Compare these amounts. If the amount from the IET Worksheet is LESS than the amount from the Form 433-A for housing and utilities then refer to the Housing and Utilities Allowance Expense Table.
- Identify the amount from the Housing and Utilities Allowance Expense Table that is for the state and county where you reside and for your family size.
- Compare the housing and utilities allowance amount to the amount shown on IET Worksheet for housing and utilities. If the IET Worksheet amount is LESS than the housing and utilities allowance, then you may have a disputed item and may consider filing a request for an appeal.
- Compare the amount for housing and utilities on your Form 433-A to the housing and utilities allowance you identified in Step 4. If the amount from the Form 433-A is GREATER than the housing and utilities allowance then you may have a disputed item and may consider filing a request for an appeal. You must present documentation to support your actual expenses and show that the excess was necessary for the health and welfare of you or your family.
|2nd - Do you need help in identifying the documents supporting your item(s) in dispute? |
3rd - Do you want assistance in identifying other disagreed items?
For telephone assistance or more information on "Preparing a Request for Appeal" go back to the beginning.