IRS Logo
Print - Click this link to Print this page

Innocent Spouse - Online Self-Help Tool (14)

If you believed that at the time you signed the return the taxes would be paid in full, then you may file an appeal.

You can appeal by using Form 12509, Statement of Disagreement, to provide an explanation as to why you believed the taxes would be paid and what steps you took to make sure the taxes were paid. Please complete Form 12509 to request your appeal within the timeframe specified on the letter you received. 

Do you need help identifying information to prepare your appeal?



Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 03-Aug-2016