Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Instructions for Form 1040
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Request for Transcript of Tax Return


Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employers engaged in a trade or business who pay compensation
Installment Agreement Request

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

Tax Trails - Am I Required to File a U.S. Individual Income Tax Return (for U.S. Citizens/Resident Aliens Living Abroad and Nonresident Aliens)?

Were you a U.S. resident alien at any time during the tax year?

You're a resident alien of the United States for tax purposes if you:

Note: If you're a nonresident alien married to a U.S. citizen or resident alien, you and your spouse may make an election to treat you as a U.S. resident alien for the tax year and file a joint return.

See Publication 519, U.S. Tax Guide for Aliens for more information.

Yes    No

Start Over    Main Menu