Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Itemized Deductions
Application for Automatic Extension of Time
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification


Single and Joint Filers With No Dependents
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Request for Transcript of Tax Return

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

Tax Trails - Can You Claim Exemption from Withholding on Form W-4?

You can claim exemption from withholding.

To claim exemption, you must give your employer a Form W-4. Don't complete lines 5 and 6. Enter "Exempt" on line 7. An exemption is good for only one year. You must give your employer a new Form W-4 by February 15 each year to continue your exemption.

Start Over        Main Menu