IRS Logo
Print - Click this link to Print this page

Tax Trails - Do You Have to Pay Estimated Tax?

Do you expect your income tax withholding and refundable credits* for the current year to be at least 100%** of the tax shown on your prior year's tax return?

Note: Your prior year's return must have covered a 12-month period.

*Refer to the refundable credits shown on line 13b of the 2017 Estimated Tax Worksheet, in Form 1040-ES, Estimated Tax for Individuals.

**Use 110% if your prior year's adjusted gross income was more than $150,000 ($75,000 if your filing status for the current year will be married filing a separate return) and less than two-thirds of your gross income for the current and prior years is from farming or fishing.

Yes      No


Start Over    Main Menu

Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 01-Jan-2017