Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Itemized Deductions
Application for Automatic Extension of Time
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification


Single and Joint Filers With No Dependents
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Request for Transcript of Tax Return

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

Tax Trails - Filing Status of a U.S. Citizen or Resident Alien Married to a Nonresident Alien

Do both of the following apply?

  • You paid more than 1/2 the cost of keeping up your home for the year; and
  • A qualifying person lived with you in your home for more than 1/2 the year.

See the "Keeping Up a Home" and "Qualifying Person" sections in Publication 501, Exemptions, Standard Deduction, and Filing Information.

Yes    No

Start Over    Main Menu