Tax Trails - Main Menu
Tax Trails is an interactive tool that can help you find answers to general tax questions on tax credits, deductions, taxable income, international, and other tax topics. If you don't find the answer to your general tax questions here, check Frequently Asked Questions and Answers (FAQs), Tax Topics, Interactive Tax Assistant (ITA), or do a keyword search for other related articles and information on our website.
Use of the back button isn't recommended. Please use the Start Over or Main Menu links instead.
Tax Credits and Deductions
- Am I Required to File a U.S. Individual Income Tax Return (for U.S. Citizens/Resident Aliens Living Abroad and Nonresident Aliens)?
- Filing Status of a U.S. Citizen or Resident Alien Married to a Nonresident Alien
- Can You Claim Exemption from Withholding on Form W-4?
- Do You Have to Pay Estimated Tax?
- May I Use Short Schedule SE or Must I Use Long Schedule SE (Self-Employment Tax)?
- Extension to File
- Amended Returns