Tax Trails - Related Topics

Tax Trails Interactive is a tool that can help you find answers to tax questions on general filing information, tax credits and international tax topics.  

Use of the back button isn't recommended. Please use the Start Over or Main Menu links instead.


Can You Claim Exemption from Withholding on Form W-4?
Find out if you can claim an exemption from withholding on Form W-4.


Am I Required to File a U.S. Individual Income Tax Return (for U.S. Citizens/Resident Aliens Living Abroad and Nonresident Aliens)?
Find out if U.S. citizens/resident aliens living abroad and nonresident aliens are required to file a U.S. individual income tax return.

Filing Status of a U.S. Citizen or Resident Alien Married to a Nonresident Alien
Find out the filing status a U.S. citizen or resident alien married to a nonresident alien.

Tax Credits

Earned Income Tax Credit – Use the EITC Assistant
Find out if you're eligible for and should claim the earned income tax credit (EITC). The EITC is a credit for lower income taxpayers with or without children.