Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Instructions for Form 1040
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Request for Transcript of Tax Return


Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employers engaged in a trade or business who pay compensation
Installment Agreement Request

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

Understanding your CP02H Notice

You owe a balance due as a result of amending your tax return to show receipt of a grant received as a result of Hurricane Katrina, Rita or Wilma.

What you need to do

  • Submit the required payment by the date stated under "Billing Summary."
  • If you can’t pay the amount in full, pay as much as you can now and make payment arrangements for the remainder. For more information such as installment payment plans check out this link or call us at 1-800-829-8374.

You may want to

Answers to common questions

If I am unable to pay the full amount by the date shown on the notice, will I have to pay interest on the entire amount?
If you pay the balance due by the date on the notice you won’t be charged interest. If you don’t pay the full amount due by the date on the notice, interest will be charged on the unpaid portion.

If interest is charged, will it be computed from the original due date of the return?
No, interest starts from the balance due date shown under the "Billing Summary."

Will I be assessed a late payment penalty on the unpaid amount?
If you're unable to pay the amount shown in this specific notice due to circumstances beyond your control, please contact us at 1-800-829-0922. Depending on your situation, your penalty may be abated. It’s important that you contact us if you're unable to pay the full amount by the due date on the notice.