Understanding Your CP13T Notice

What this notice is about

You're not due a refund nor do you owe an additional amount after of our changes.

What you need to do

  • Follow the instructions in your notice.
  • If you agree with the changes we made, correct your tax return copy, but don't send it to us.
  • If you don't agree, call or write to us using the information on your notice.

Answers to common questions

What caused my tax return to change?

The explanation is on the notice. If you need additional information, you can call us at the phone number on your notice.

What if I need to make another correction to my tax return?

You'll need to file an amended return.

Tips for next year

Consider filing your taxes electronically. You can avoid mistakes and find credits and deductions that you may qualify for. In many cases you can file for free. Learn more about e-file.

Printable samples of this notice (PDF)

Need Help?

  • You can authorize someone to contact the IRS on your behalf.
  • See if you qualify for help from a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic.
  • If you can’t find what you need online, you can call the IRS at the 800, 866, or 888 number listed on the notice.