You are receiving this notice because you did not respond to a previous request for missing or incomplete information on your return and your return is late.
What you need to do
- Send the incomplete/missing information described in the “About your return” section on the notice.
- Include the contact voucher at the end of the notice.
- Send the amount due to avoid interest charges.
You may want to
- If the reason your return was incomplete was beyond your control, send us a signed explanation with any supporting documentation.
Answers to Common Questions
Q. What if I disagree with the penalty?
A. Send a written statement with any supporting documentation to the address on the notice.
- You can authorize someone to contact the IRS on your behalf.
- See if you qualify for help from a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic.
If you can’t find what you need online, you can call the IRS at the 800, 866, or 888 number listed on the notice.