- 2.145.1 Availability Management Policy
- 184.108.40.206 Policy
- 220.127.116.11.1 Administration
- 18.104.22.168.2 Purpose of Policy
- 22.214.171.124.3 Scope
- 126.96.36.199.4 Mandates
- 188.8.131.52.4.1 Applicability
- 184.108.40.206.4.2 Completion of Availability Management Process
- 220.127.116.11.4.3 Engagement with Solution Engineering
- 18.104.22.168.5 Waivers and Deviations
- 22.214.171.124.6 Authority and Reference Documents
Part 2. Information Technology
Chapter 145. 5 Availability Management
Section 1. Availability Management Policy
June 11, 2014
(1) This transmits new IRM 2.145.1, Availability Management, Availability Management Policy.
(1) This transmittal establishes the initial IRM publication of the Availability Management Policy.
Terence V. Milholland,
Chief Technology Officer
Solution Engineering (SE) is responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance, of this policy. This policy is approved by the Chief Technology Officer. All updates are accomplished through the Director, Solution Engineering. All proposed changes to this policy must be submitted to the Chief, SE Process Maturity Practice Group.
This policy establishes the organizational policy for planning and performing the Availability Management Process to ensure that all current and future availability aspects of the IT infrastructure are provided to meet business requirements at acceptable cost. The Availability Management process optimizes the capability of the IT Infrastructure, services, and supporting organizations to deliver a cost effective and sustained level of service availability that meets business requirements.
This policy is applicable to all IT organizations with responsibilities for Availability Management activities.
This Policy contains the following mandates:
All IT organizations responsible for Availability Management activities shall follow the Availability Management Process to ensure all activities are accomplished and all work products are produced.
Responsible IT organizations shall ensure that the following key activities are performed in accordance with the defined Availability Management Process:
Determine availability requirements
Compile availability plans
Monitor maintenance obligations
Provide management information about Incident management quality and operations
Any waivers or deviations of this policy require written approval from the Chief, SE Process Maturity Practice Group.