IR-2015-11, Jan. 28, 2015
WASHINGTON — The Internal Revenue Service today announced the selection of six new members for the Information Reporting Program Advisory Committee (IRPAC).
The IRPAC, established in 1991, provides an organized public forum for discussion of tax information reporting issues between IRS officials and representatives of the public. The committee presents an annual report to the IRS commissioner.
The new appointees will join 16 returning members. Committee members represent the taxpaying public, tax professionals, small and large businesses, the financial industry and payroll providers.
The following persons have been appointed to serve on the committee for three-year terms beginning in 2015:
- Keith King, senior vice-president and tax executive at Bank of America in Charlotte, N.C. He has over 24 years of experience in the finance industry and 15 of those in the information reporting field. Mr. King is a member of the American Bankers Association Information Reporting Advisory Group and the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA), Tax Compliance and Administration Committee.
- Robert Limerick, Managing Director for the Global information Reporting Group at PricewaterhouseCoopers in New York, N.Y. He is a tax attorney specializing in tax withholding and information reporting with 20 years of experience in the public and private sectors. He is a member of the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA) Technical Tax and Compliance Committee and a member of the New York, New Jersey and Florida Bar Associations.
- Marcia Miller, president and CEO of Financial Horizons, Inc. in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. She is an Enrolled Agent and founder of Financial Horizons, Inc. She has worked for 35 years in accounting, tax and management consulting with an emphasis on representing small business owners. She is an author and speaker focusing on tax management, planning and health care reform and a former adjunct professor at Nova Southeastern University H. Wayne Huizenga School of Business.
- Emily Rook, consultant with Circle Financial Services in Hoffman Estates, Ill. She has worked in the accounting and payroll industries for 40 years. She is a past president of the American Payroll Association, she also serves on its Board of Directors and co-chairs its Government Affairs Task Force Subcommittee on Federal Tax Forms and Publications.
- Nina Tross, Executive Director, National Society of Tax Professionals (NSTP) in Vancouver, Washington. She has worked as an independent accountant and tax professional for 20 years. She has been associated with the NSTP for more than 10 years. She is a member of the National Society of Accountants, the National Federation of Independent Businesses and the Arizona Society of Practicing Accountants.
- Scott Wilkens, manager, Information and Payroll Tax Reporting at Lincoln Financial Group in Greensboro, N.C. He has worked in the financial services and insurance industries for 24 years.
- The 2015 IRPAC Chair is Mary Kallewaard, Principal and co-founder of COKALA Tax Information Reporting Solutions, LLC in Ann Arbor, Mich. She has focused on tax technical advisory services for information reporting compliance for the past 18 years. She is a member of the American Payroll Association and is co-author of the APA Guide to Accounts Payable.