August 6, 2019
The IRS’s Tax Withholding Estimator makes it easier for everyone to pay the correct amount of tax during the year.
The Estimator replaces the Withholding Calculator. The redesigned tool is a convenient online way to check and tailor your withholding. It’s now more user-friendly for taxpayers, including retirees and self-employed individuals.
New and improved features:
- Easy to understand language
- The ability to switch between screens, correct previous entries, and skip screens that don’t apply
- Tips and links to help you determine if you qualify for tax credits and deductions
- A progress tracker
- A self-employment tax feature
- Automatic calculation of taxable Social Security benefits