- Free File: Do your federal taxes for free.
- Free Tax Return Preparation: Get help from the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance and Tax Counseling for the Elderly programs.
- Tax Return Basics: Everything you need to know about filing your return is at your fingertips.
Paid Preparers and e-file Providers
- Directory of Federal Tax Return Preparers: Research a database of return preparers with credentials and select qualifications.
- Choosing a Tax Professional: Get some advice on how to choose a tax return preparer you can trust.
- Types of Tax Professionals: Understand who you pay to prepare your tax return.
- Tax Professional Association Partners: IRS partners can help you find a tax professional.
- Authorized e-file Providers: Search an online database of all Authorized e-file Providers who chose to be included.
- E-file Software: Use commercial tax prep software and file your taxes electronically.
Affordable Care Act
- ACA and Taxes At a Glance: Use this chart to see how the health care law affects your tax return.