Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Instructions for Form 1040
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Request for Transcript of Tax Return


Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employers engaged in a trade or business who pay compensation
Installment Agreement Request

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

Savings Bonds (ASL) - YouTube video text script

Hi, I’m Thomas and I work for the IRS.

Are you getting a refund this year? 

If so, let your refund work for you! 

You can purchase up to $5,000 each year in US Series "I" Bonds in increments of $50.00 as you file for your federal tax refund. 

Get them for yourself or others, like a child or anyone you’d like, and earn interest up to 30 years. 

When you file your tax return, just use Form 8888 to buy the bonds.

If you e-file, your tax software will ask if you want to split your refund. You have the option to buy your "I" bonds at that time. 

You can also choose direct deposit or a paper check in the mail for any remaining refund not used to purchase bonds.

Make saving easier with US Savings Bonds!

Learn more at