June 5, 2019
The best way to do a Paycheck Checkup is to use the Withholding Estimator. However, you may need to use Publication 505.
- The Withholding Estimator helps you check if you need to adjust your withholding.
- Use the results from the estimator to complete Form W-4 and adjust withholding.
- If you receive pension income, use the results to complete a Form W-4P , and give it to your payer.
- You can use the Withholding Estimator to determine if you should pay estimated tax.
- If you have a more complex situation, you may need to use the instructions in Publication 505.
- This includes those who owe self-employment tax, the alternative minimum tax, tax on unearned income by dependents or receive non-wage income.