After recent tax law changes, consider a paycheck checkup using the IRS’s Withholding Calculator. This can help prevent an unexpected tax bill in 2019.
A paycheck checkup is especially important if you:
- Are a two-income family.
- Have two or more jobs at the same time or only work part of the year.
- Claim credits like the child tax credit.
- Have dependents age 17 or older.
- Itemized deductions in 2017.
- Have high income or a complex tax return.
- Have a large tax refund or tax bill for 2017.
See IRS.gov/taxreform for more information.