Updated June 25, 2020
If you're a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or qualifying resident alien, not a dependent of another taxpayer and have a work eligible Social Security number, you may be eligible for an Economic Impact Payment. Even if you don't normally file taxes or are experiencing homelessness you may still qualify for a payment. You may also get an additional $500 for each qualifying child.
To get this $1,200 payment, sign up at IRS.gov by October 15, 2020.
No income is required and registering won't result in you owing taxes.
To sign up, you'll need:
- Name, mailing address and an email address
- Date of birth and valid Social Security number
- Bank account information, if you have one
- Identity Protection PIN, if you've received one from the IRS
- License or state ID, if you have one
- Name, SSN and relationship for qualifying children
Visit IRS.gov/coronavirus for details.