You may qualify for an Economic Impact Payment, even without a permanent address

Updated June 25, 2020

If you're a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or qualifying resident alien, not a dependent of another taxpayer and have a work eligible Social Security number,  you may be eligible for an Economic Impact Payment. Even if you don't normally file taxes or are experiencing homelessness you may still qualify for a payment. You may also get an additional $500 for each qualifying child.

To get this $1,200 payment, sign up at by October 15, 2020.

No income is required and registering won't result in you owing taxes.

To sign up, you'll need:

  • Name, mailing address and an email address
  • Date of birth and valid Social Security number
  • Bank account information, if you have one
  • Identity Protection PIN, if you've received one from the IRS
  • License or state ID, if you have one
  • Name, SSN and relationship for qualifying children

Visit for details.