IRS Logo
Print - Click this link to Print this page

Change of Address - Exempt Organizations

An exempt organization that has changed its address must report the change on its next annual return or information notice (such as Form 990, 990-EZ, or 990-N) .  An organization may also report a change of address by filing Form 8822-B, Change of Address - Business, or by calling our Customer Service Center

Alternatively, if you need an affirmation letter showing your organization’s new address, you may report the change of address and request the affirmation letter at the same time. 

Please note that an organization must report the change of address on its next annual return even if it separately reported by filing Form 8822-B, by phone, or as part of a request for an affirmation letter.

If you need to report a change of your organization’s name, see Change of Name – Exempt Organizations.

Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 05-Jan-2017