Can I Deduct My Charitable Contributions?
This interview will help you determine if your charitable deductions are deductible.
Information You Will Need:
- Your and your spouse’s filing status
- Your adjusted gross income amount
- Amounts donated and to what organization
- For noncash contributions, any appraisal or information you have to determine the fair market value of the donation
- Is the charitable organization qualified? Refer to Search for Charities for a list or verify with the organization that they are.
Note: This interview is not designed to address the following types of charitable contributions:
- Business property/inventory
- A partial interest and Right to Use property
- A fractional interest in tangible personal property
- A qualified conservation contribution
- A future interest in tangible personal property
- A patent or other intellectual property
Please refer to Publication 526, Charitable Contributions, for these contributions.
Estimated Completion Time: 12 minutes. However: 15 minutes of inactivity will end the interview and you will be forced to start over.