Is My Pension or Annuity Payment Taxable?
This interview will help you determine if your pension or annuity payment from an employer sponsored retirement plan or nonqualified annuity is taxable. It does not address Individual Retirement Arrangements (IRAs).
Information You Will Need:
- The type of retirement plan the distribution was made from (i.e. qualified retirement plan, nonqualified annuity). You may need to check with your employer or plan administrator.
- If you have a cost to recover in the qualified retirement plan or the amount of investment in the contract for a nonqualified annuity.
- If any portion of your investment in the nonqualified annuity contract was made before August 14, 1982.
- The amount of any previous distribution from your nonqualified annuity.
- Whether federal income tax was withheld from the distribution (Form 1099-R).
Estimated Completion Time: 15 minutes. However: 15 minutes of inactivity will end the interview and you will be forced to start over.