Subscribe to IRS Tax Tips
Subscribe to Tax Tips to get easy-to-read tips about taxes via e-mail from the IRS. Tips are issued each business day during the tax-filing season and three times a week in the summertime. Special Edition Tax Tips are issued periodically throughout the year to highlight important topics of interest to the public. Health Care Tax Tips are issued to explain various aspects of the tax provisions that are part of the Affordable Care Act.
Special Identity Theft Tax Tips: Starting Nov. 23, 2015, the IRS, state revenue departments and the private-sector tax industry will be issuing special tax tips every Monday through January. The nine Security Awareness Tax Tips will be designed to provide people critical information to help protect their tax and financial data. These efforts will work in conjunction with new steps being taken by the IRS, states and the tax industry to protect taxpayers from identity theft and fraudulent refunds.
Tax Tips are brief, to the point and cover a wide-range of topics, including:
- Common errors to avoid when you prepare your tax return
- Where you can get free tax help
- Guidance on available tax deductions and credits
- How e-file can make filing easier, get you your refund faster and protect your payments
- How to file for an extension or amend your return