IRS Logo
Print - Click this link to Print this page

Additional Items Related to Schedule D (Form 1041)

Form 6781, Gains and Losses From Section 1256 Contracts and Straddles
Use this form to report any gain or loss on section 1256 contracts under the mark-to-market rules, and gains and losses under section 1092 from straddle positions.

Form 8824, Like-Kind Exchanges (and section 1043 conflict-of-interest sales)
Use Parts I, II, and III of this form to report each exchange of business or investment property for property of a like kind. Certain members of the executive branch of the Federal Government and judicial officers of the Federal Government use Part IV to elect to defer gain on conflict-of-interest sales.

Form 8949, Sales and Other Dispositions of Capital Assets
Use this form to reconcile amounts that were reported to you and the IRS on Form 1099-B or 1099-S (or substitute statement) with the amounts you report on your return.

Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 01-Sep-2016