Best Ways to Get IRS Tax Help 'en Español’
IRS Tax Tip 2015-18, February 12, 2015
Tax rules can be difficult to understand, especially if they’re not in your first language. The IRS offers many free products that are easy to use for people who speak Spanish. Here are the best ways to get federal tax help in Spanish.
- Get answers 24/7. IRS.gov/espanol has a wealth of tax information in Spanish. You can check the status of your tax refund with the online tool “¿Dónde está mi reembolso?” Use the “Asistente EITC” tool to check if you qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit. You may qualify for the credit if you earned less than $52,427 in 2014.
- Try IRS e-file. Whether you do your own taxes or pay a tax preparer, you should e-file your tax return. IRS e-file is safe, easy and the most accurate way to file. If you owe taxes, you can e-file early and pay by the April 15 tax deadline. Visit IRS.gov and enter “Presentación e-file” in the search box to learn more.
- Get health care law tax information. The IRS website has information about the Affordable Care Act tax provisions in both English and Spanish. The pages explain the shared responsibility provision and the premium tax credit and their effect on the tax return you’re filing in 2015. You can find information about the law, the latest news, frequently asked questions and links to additional resources on these pages.
- Free tax preparation by a volunteer. You may qualify to have your taxes filed through the IRS VITA or TCE programs. The IRS certifies VITA and TCE volunteers. In most cases, VITA offers free tax preparation and e-file if you earned $53,000 or less. TCE offers help if you’re age 60 or older. Visit “Voluntarios proveen ayuda gratuita con la preparación de su declaración de impuestos.”
- Get up-to-date at the Multimedia Center. Watch YouTube video tax tips and listen to IRS podcasts. Both types of new media are available in Spanish. Enter the keywords “Centro Multimediático” in the search box at IRS.gov.
- Call TeleTax for refund and tax information. TeleTax is a toll-free, automated phone service. It’s available 24/7. Use it to track your refund or listen to helpful recorded messages on more than 130 tax topics. All topics are available in Spanish. If you call to check on your refund, have a copy of your tax return handy. You can find the list of TeleTax topics in the instructions for Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ. The TeleTax number is 800-829-4477.
- Get tax forms and publications. Visit IRS.gov/espanol to get several tax forms and publications in Spanish.
- Visit the IRS Spanish newsroom. You’ll see the IRS’s most recent news releases, tax tips and information in the Spanish newsroom. Just type “Noticias en Espanol” in the search box on IRS.gov.
- Stay connected through Twitter en Español. Get the latest tax information and helpful tax tips in Spanish on Twitter. Follow the national IRS Spanish Twitter Account @IRSenEspanol.
If you found this Tax Tip helpful, please share it through your social media platforms. A great way to get tax information is to use IRS Social Media. You can also subscribe to IRS Tax Tips or any of our e-news subscriptions.
IRS YouTube Videos:
- Get Tax Help en Español – English | Spanish | ASL (Obsoleted)
- IRS Commissioner: What to Expect at Tax Time – English | Spanish (Obsoleted)
- All About IRS.gov – English | Spanish | ASL (Obsoleted)
- How to Get 1040 Forms – English| Spanish | ASL (Obsoleted)
- See If You Qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit – English | ASL (Obsoleted)
- Earned Income Tax Credit – Spanish (Obsoleted)
- Get Tax Help en Español – English | Spanish (Obsoleted)
- How to Get 1040 Forms – English | Spanish (Obsoleted)