Ten Things You Need to Know About the 2011 IRS Nationwide Tax Forums
Special Edition Tax Tip 2011-03, May 18, 2011
The 2011 IRS Nationwide Tax Forums are three-day events presented by IRS experts and partner organizations that offer up-to-date information on federal and state tax issues. Tax professionals that take advantage of early registration will receive a significant discount on the registration fee. Keep in mind that the early registration period closes two weeks prior to each forum.
Here are 10 things enrolled agents, certified public accountants, certified financial planners and other tax professionals need to know about the 2011 IRS Nationwide Tax Forums.
- Forums are held June through August in Atlanta, Orlando, Dallas, San Jose, Las Vegas and the Washington, DC area.
- Those who sign up early can qualify for discounted enrollment costs. Pre-registration ends two weeks prior to the start of each forum.
National Harbor, MD
(Washington, DC area)
August 30-September 1
- Forums offer an opportunity to receive up to 18 continuing education credits through a variety of training seminars and workshops.
- Forums will offer 40 separate seminars and workshops on valuable and relevant tax topics.
- Forums will also feature a two-day expo with representatives from the IRS as well as other tax, financial, and business communities offering their products, services, and expertise.
- Attendees can sign up to become an Authorized IRS e-file Provider.
- Tax professionals attending a forum can bring their toughest unresolved case to meet with IRS personnel who may be able to help.
- Registering for a tax forum is easy! Register by internet, fax or mail.
- For more information or to register visit www.irstaxforum.com.
- Follow us on Twitter @IRStaxpros to get the latest IRS news and guidance for tax professionals.