Visit IRS.gov this Summer for Tax Help
IRS Summertime Tax Tip 2012-07, July 20, 2012
Get answers to tax questions, download federal tax forms or publications or check on a charity at the IRS website – IRS.gov. The site offers free online tax support, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Here are five reasons to visit IRS.gov this summer.
- The latest news Get up-to-date information on tax law changes. New laws are enacted nearly every year and generally have provisions that affect almost all taxpayers.
- Easy-to-use tools The Interactive Tax Assistant (ITA) is a resource that asks a series of questions and provides answers to tax law questions. The ITA tool covers a number of tax topics in an easy-to-use format.
- Check out a charity Search for charities and other tax-exempt organizations using Exempt Organizations Select Check and find out if an exempt organization is eligible to receive tax deductible contributions.
- Career opportunities Get information about careers at the IRS. Students, recent college graduates and mid-career to experienced professionals are sought by the IRS for full-time career and seasonal positions.
- Forms and publications View, download and order tax forms and publications anytime, day or night.
The official IRS website address is IRS.gov. Don’t be fooled by sites that end in .com, .net, .org or other designations other than .gov.