Visit the IRS Small Business Tax Center for All Your Tax Needs
IRS Tax Tip 2015-16, February 10, 2015
You don’t need to be a tax expert to run a business, but knowing the basics about taxes can help you run it better. You’ll find the basics and much more on the IRS.gov Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center.
Whether you’re new to a business or have worked at it for a long time, the Tax Center can help you. You can apply for an Employer Identification Number, download a form or learn about employment taxes. The Tax Center also includes the following resources:
- IRS Video Portal. Watch helpful videos and webinars on many tax topics. Find out about filing and paying business taxes. Check out how an IRS audit works. Look for the “Small Biz Workshop” under the “Businesses” tab. Watch it when you want to learn the basics about small business taxes.
- Online Tools and Educational Products. The list of small business products includes the Tax Calendar for Businesses and Self-Employed. You can view key tax dates and actions for each month with this tool. Install the IRS CalendarConnector tool to your computer. This will let you get important tax dates and tips, even when you’re offline.
- Small Business Events. The IRS holds small business workshops, meetings and seminars at many locations throughout the country. To find out what the IRS has planned in your state just click on the link “Small Business Events.”
Go to the Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center and use the A-Z index to find whatever you need.
If you found this Tax Tip helpful, please share it through your social media platforms. A great way to get tax information is to use IRS Social Media. You can also subscribe to IRS Tax Tips or any of our e-news subscriptions.
IRS YouTube Videos:
- IRS Online Tax Calendar – English | Spanish | ASL (Obsolete)
- IRS Online Tax Calendar – English | Spanish (Obsolete)